Historical going Bydgoszcz are related to the fact the city placement near the Vistula River. This gave the city the opportunity to benefit from the drop of the river trail. As a result, developed trade and crafts.
Bydgoszcz received city rights as early as 1346 years. Quickly became a major trading center, as evidenced by minting coins called tynfem. One hundred years later, our Bydgoszcz became a strong center competing with Toruń.
Unfortunately, the city did not avoid the disasters which have met them in the seventeenth century. Bydgoszcz was in the Prussian partition. A little later he was dug canal which connected with Notecia Brda. It was called the name of the city; Bydgoszcz. As a result, the city became a key point on an important trade route. In the nineteenth century, the invention of the steam engine. Started the first connection between Berlin and Bydgoszcz. Through rail could go from Bydgoszcz to Gdansk, Poznan and Warsaw. Developed transportation. After World War I again returned to Bydgoszcz Polish borders. During the war killed about 40,000 people. After the war, our Bydgoszcz has become a very important industrial and commercial importance.
Well worth a visit first medieval center with the markets – the Old, the Fish, Grain, wool – stretches in the valley of the Brda. One of the oldest monuments is the church of St. farnemu. St. Martin and Nicholas, who is standing on the street Farna 8. Near the market. The building was built between 1466-1502. One of the most attractive monuments in the Gothic towers over its surroundings. Opposite the entrance to the parish church has established the office of the city. Note the old college juzuickie. The city authorities have invested here over 100 years ago. Going in the direction of the market, we can admire the statue of Struggle and Martyrdom in Bydgoszcz. The structure was built after World War II, and reminds us of the victims of Nazi terror. In the southern part of the market, we can see the beautiful Public Library was built about 300 years ago in a classic style with a touch of baroque. It was the former seat of the city administration. It is a long walk down the street; elegant paved promenade. At the roundabout, Bernardine Church Bernardine rises Mary Queen of Polish. Has more than 500 years. It was built on the site of the wooden church, which burned down. We can also visit the Museum District. Leon Wyczółkowski to deepen knowledge of Bydgoszcz. Street Jagiellonian 6 The main Post Office is located. It occupies a neo-Gothic building was founded in the years 1883-1885. On the corner of Gdansk and Jagiellonian is the church of the Assumption. A small Gothic building with Renaissance elements. Erected on the place of the wooden chapel of the Holy Spirit. Every day of the church tower sounds the bugle call, composed in 1946. We recommend to stay at the Hotel under the Eagle from the late nineteenth century. It is a huge building, which is an example of the electrical architecture. As part of the rest, peace and quiet we look to the park to them. Jan Kochanowski. Bydgoszcz is regarded as one of the capitals of Polish music. The park statues and busts are facing the greatest composers and writers and Bydgoszcz favorite monument – a monument Archer – depicting a naked woman measuring with a bow.
The area also offer visit:
Must try gingerbread and visit the planetarium in Torun. Sit in a jazz mecca. Go to Bydgoszcz clubs. Visit the Vasa princesses knights in Golub-Dobrzyn. Go to the Piast trail. See the Renaissance town hall in Chelmno. Dance at dansingu in Ciechocinku. To get to the seat of the Venetian Devil’s Blood and drive train railroad tracks at the highest interest in Europe.